As the weather starts to cool down all I want is to curl up with a book, a hot cup of coffee and sweet little treat. One afternoon I was craving a particular raisin cookie I got when I was in the US so I used the ingredients I had on hand and after a couple of goes I came up with these beauties! These are super simple to make and come together in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for those days when you want a sweet treat fast. I hope you try these ones, your house will smell INCREDIBLE when they're baking!!
RECIPE (makes 24)
2 cups almond meal
1 tbsp mixed spice
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup dates (about 4 dates)
1 tsp honey
½ cup milk
½ cup raisins
1. In a food processer, blitz together the almond meal, mixed spice, chia seeds, dates, honey and milk until it forms a thick dough.
2. Add in the raisins and mix until combined.
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
4. Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and then flatten with your palm.
5. Dip a fork into a shallow bowl with water and print each cookie once or twice depending on how you want them to look.
6. Bake in a 180 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden on top.