Buying granola can be so expensive so the other day I thought I would bring together a heap of ingredients I had lying around to make my very own granola. Using inspiration from snickers (one of my favourite chocolates) I came up with this beauty! This mixture is perfect for on top of smoothies, with milk or with yogurt along with some fresh berries. Truthfully I think the granola is delicious by itself. I have seen my brother going to and from the pantry with a handful at a time. Like with all my other recipes be creative with it. Use what you have on hand and see what happens!! Where there is chocolate there is deliciousness so you really can’t go wrong with this one!
RECIPE (makes 2 cups of granola)
1 cup rolled oats
1.5 cup buckwheat
1/3 cup cacao powder
2/3 cup unsalted peanuts
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (I used Loving Earth Dark Chocolate)
1 tbsp maca powder
2 tbsp chia seeds
Pinch of sea salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
3. Pour the mixture onto the lined tray.
4. Use a spatula to spread the mixture into a single layer.
5. Bake in a 180C oven for 20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool completely before placing into a container or jar for storage.
Tip: This recipe is super easy to double and stores well in the pantry for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container. I highly recommend making a big batch on the weekend so you have it all ready for go during the week as an easy breakfast and snack option.